Next Generation Software Defined Radio Platform
Spectra DTP4700 is a wideband, high-performance baseband and RF Software Defined Radio (SDR) development and test platform. Spectra DTP4700 supports the implementation and deployment of the next-generation of complex Software Communications Architecture (SCA) compliant networking waveforms required for military, homeland security and commercial SDRs. Spectra DTP4700 is an optimized small form-factor platform with low power consumption that enables the development, testing and deployment of waveforms.
Spectra DTP4700 comes pre-integrated and packaged with:
- AM/DM37x OMAP based digital baseband processing system, providing GPP, DSP and FPGA processor resources.
- Linux OS and device drivers.
- Full duplex RF Transceiver, providing wide operating range: 400 MHz to 4 GHz or 30 MHz to 1.6 GHz.
- RF Front-End to the RF Transceiver to create a high performance fully-fieldable radio system.
- Housed in a rugged 1U enclosure with removable cover for access to the hardware.
- Our benchmark-setting SCA 2.2.2 compliant Core Framework, together with SCA Devices and ORB/COS.
- Demonstration SCA Waveform Applications (FM audio and data carrying with source code).
- User documentation.
- All available off-the-shelf with simple licensing and support contracts.
Spectra DTP4700 package is expandable by optionally adding:
- Spectra CX tool for SCA component modeling, code generation, and compliance validation.
- Spectra Probe Toolbox real-time debugging tool.
- Spectra SCA Radio Services and Devices package provides implementations of the Joint Tactical Networking Center's (JTNC) standard SCA Radio Services and Devices APIs. In addition to the Audio Port Device that is bundled with the base Spectra DTP4700 system this includes an Ethernet Device, Serial Port Device, GPS Device, Frequency Reference Device, Time Service and a Vocoder Service.
Spectra DTP4700 Benefits:
- Capable of hosting high data rate waveforms.
- Wide RF operating range.
- Frequency range can support a broad range of commercial, public safety and military requirements.
- SCA development for the OMAP processor.
- Ideal for low power consumption handheld applications.
- Efficient Linux based development environment.
- High performance, cost effective SCA development and test platform.
Spectra DTP4700 is an ideal platform for:
- Waveform and application development / test teams in major radio OEMs and their end customers.
- Enabling both in-house and third-party development of SCA waveforms and applications for later deployment on target production radio platforms.
- Advanced wireless communications (government and defense) laboratories conducting research in fields such as cognitive radio, electronic warfare, and secure SDR waveforms.
- Internal research and development (IR&D) and collaborative research projects in advanced wireless communications.
- Academic and laboratory use.
- Independent waveform and application developers creating software IP for the SDR market.
- Consolidated GPP, DSP and FPGA digital baseband processing hardware platform.
- Based on Texas Instruments' AM/DM37x OMAP multimedia applications processor and Xilinx FPGA technologies.
- Features a 1 GHz advanced Superscalar ARM© Cortex™ A8 RISC core.
- Also features a 800 MHz C64x+ DSP core and SGX subsystem for 2D and 3D graphics acceleration.
- Xilinx Spartan 6 FPGA ultra low power; low cost FPGA family.
- Multiple digital (Ethernet, Gig-E, USB, SD, RS232) data and audio interfaces.
- Integrated GPS receiver with accurate 1-PPS output.
SCA Operating Environment
- The first complete Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) OE available from a single vendor.
- Includes the SCA 2.2.2 compliant Spectra Core Framework (CF) and the CORBA-compliant Spectra ORB middleware which supports both C and C++ waveform development.
- Includes a POSIX compliant Linux OS (TI DVSDK 4.02—2.6.32 Arago Linux kernel).
- Includes DTP4700 SCA platform Devices.
RF System and Front-end Module:
- Low cost and high performance.
- Full duplex transceiver (FDD, TDD) architecture with programmable signal bandwidths from 40 KHz to 40 MHz.
- Available in either 30MHz to 1.6 GHz (DTP4700L) or 400 MHz to 4 GHz (DTP4700H) Tx/Rx frequency range configurations.
- Direct conversion architecture providing continuous RF coverage across the full operating range.
- Dual-channel ADCs: 12-bits at 100 Msps.
- Dual-channel DACs: 16-bits at 800 Msps.
- TX: Quadrature modulator; RX: direct conversion.
- Xilinx Spartan-6 FPGA technology.
Spectra CX Radio Development Tool (Optional):
Spectra CX is a model-driven development tool that simplifies, accelerates and validates a significant proportion of the SCA development process.
- Validates SCA compliance at the architectural and unit test level.
- Generates SCA component source code in C & C++ that is correct by construction.
- Roadmap to VHDL code generation.
- Generates SCA compliant artefacts such as: XML descriptor files, compliance test reports and validation documentation.
- Spectra CX enables SCA and non-SCA software aspects to be developed together, integrated early and thoroughly tested.
- Single integration model reduces development risk.
- Results in a faster time-to-market, lower costs, better software quality and superior compliance for all SCA waveform and platform code developed using Spectra.
- SCA Radio Monitoring tool:
- Providing a uniform platform and waveform control mechanism.
- SCA based control of any waveform launched on the radio.
- Support for remotely installing and uninstalling waveforms in the radio.
- Support for switching between multiple waveforms without having to reboot the radio.
For a 'quick start' package that combines both Spectra CX and Spectra DTP4700 products, please see these slides and presentation for more information.
Features and Specifications Table:
|General System Features||DTP4700|
|Modeling Tool Support||Spectra CX|
|Core Framework Support||Spectra CF|
|ORB/COS||Spectra ORB (C & C++ Editions)|
|DTP Radio Services and Devices||GPP Device, DSP Device, Waveform FPGA Device, RF Control Device, Packet Service|
|JTNC Radio Services and Devices||Audio Port Device, Ethernet Device, Serial Port Device, GPS Device, Frequency Reference Device, Timing Service, Vocoder Service|
|SCA Support||SCA 2.2.2|
|Operating System||TI DVSDK 4.02 (2.6.32 Arago Linux kernel)|
|Rack Mounted||1U rugged enclosure with removable cover|
|GPP Processing||1 GHz ARM Cortex A8|
|DSP Processing||800 MHz TI C64x|
|FPGA Processing||Dual Xilinx Spartan 6 (1 FPGA for the Digital System, 1 FPGA for the RF System)|
|RF System Specification||DTP4700H||DTP4700L|
|Receive Frequency Range||400 - 4000 MHz||30 – 1600MHz|
|Transmit Frequency Range||400 - 4000 MHz||30 – 1600MHz|
|Programmable Signal Bandwidth||40 KHz – 40 Mhz||40 KHz – 40 Mhz|
|ADC / DAC Resolution||12 / 16 Bits||12 / 16 Bits|
|Max ADC / DAC Sample Rate (DAC can be up-sampled by up to x8)||100 / 100 Msps||100 / 100 Msps|
|Frequency Stability||+/- 2.5 ppm||+/- 2.5 ppm|
|Full Duplex Symbol Rate||up to 20 Msym/s||up to 20 Msym/s|
|Tx Power Output||-10 to +5 dBm||-10 to +5 dBm|
|Tx Output Impedance||50 ohms||50 ohms|
|Tx Output Return Loss||10dB||10dB|
|Tx Frequency Resolution||< 10 Hz||1Hz|
|Tx P1dB (FEM dependent)||+5dBm||+15 dBm|
|Tx IP3||+25 dBm||+34 dBm|
|Tx Phase Noise||Offset from Fcenter = 1GHz||Offset from Fcenter = 400 MHz|
|-90 dBc/Hz @ 100Hz||-95 dBc/Hz @ 100Hz|
|96 dBc/Hz @ 1 KHz||-110 dBc/Hz @ 1 KHz|
|-105 dBc/Hz @ 10 KHz||-121 dBc/Hz @ 10 KHz|
|-105 dBc/Hz @ 100 KHz||-121 dBc/Hz @ 100 KHz|
|-140 dBc/Hz @ 1 MHz||-115 dBc/Hz @ 1 MHz|
|-150 dBc/Hz @ 10 MHz||-135 dBc/Hz @ 10 MHz|
|Tx Noise Floor||-163 dBm/Hz|
|Tx Carrier Feed-through||-55 dBc||-65 dBc|
|Tx Sideband Suppression||-42 dBc||-55 dBc|
|Rx Input Impedance||50 ohms||50 ohms|
|Rx Input Return Loss||10 dB||10 dB|
|Rx Frequency Resolution||10 Hz||1 Hz|
|Rx Max Composite Input Power||+5 dBm||+5 dBm|
|Rx Expected Input Power||-20 dBm||-20 dBm|
|Rx Input IP3||+20 dBm||+16 dBm|
|Rx Phase Noise||Offset from Fcenter = 1GHz||Offset from Fcenter = 400 MHz|
|-90 dBc/Hz @ 100Hz||-92 dBc/Hz @ 100Hz|
|-96 dBc/Hz @ 1 KHz||-105 dBc/Hz @ 1 KHz|
|-105 dBc/Hz @ 10 KHz||-115 dBc/Hz @ 10 KHz|
|-105 dBcHz @ 100 KHz||-115 dBc/Hz @ 100 KHz|
|-140 dBc/Hz @ 1 MHz||-145 dBc/Hz @ 1 MHz|
|-150 dBc/Hz @ 10 MHz||-155 dBc/Hz @ 10 MHz|
|Rx Baseband Gain||+40 dB||+40 dB|
|Rx Sensitivity (25 KHz)||-110 dBm||-110 dBm|
|Channel Selectivity||-30 dBc +/- 3 BW from Fcenter||30 dBc +/- 3 BW from Fcenter|
|-50 dBc +/- 5 BW from Fcenter||-50 dBc +/- 5 BW Fcenter|
|Size||33.5 cm x 20.32 cm x 4.45 cm|
|Weight||< 1.8 Kg|
|Power Consumption (+9v in)||< 15 watts|
|Operating Temperature Range||0 to +50 C|
|Storage Temperature Range||-40 to +85 C|